Our annual end-of-year concert is a great way to showcase the talent we have at Dance Habit. It also rewards students for their hard work by giving them the opportunity to dance on stage for their loved ones. The concert is not compulsory, but we strongly encourage participation as it is a truly wonderful experience for all involved. Together, we create memories that will be treasured for a lifetime. The excitement and magic generated by our end-of-year concert is second to none!
We are doing things a little differently this year, so we have carefully prepared the following for you. Please read thoroughly and let us know if you have any questions.
Chocolate boxes are now available to collect from the office. For every box sold, students receive $15 off their concert costume fees, with any remaining funds to be put toward bulk shipping costs. There is no limit on boxes per family, but we may run out so be quick if you wish to reduce your fees. Please see the office (during office hours) or ask your teacher for more information.
We are excited to announce that most of our Preschool students will be dancing in a separate concert this year.
- Our student database has increased significantly meaning we have more dancers to put on stage this year (not surprising given our expert team that you’ve all grown to love)!
- We appreciate that more dancers would otherwise require a longer concert, which is not in the best interests of our families.
- A separate show means the Dance Habit team can better focus on the needs of each dancer during their concert experience.
- We are committed to ensuring our end-of-year concert is stress-free and enjoyable for all families.
- All families are still welcome to come and watch our Preschool concert if they wish (and vice versa).
WHEN IS THE CONCERT?
- Sunday 11 December, 2.30pm; and
- Sunday 11 December, 6.00pm
To be eligible to participate in the concert, all students (except Dance Fundamentals) must perform in both concerts. We do two concerts for our children’s school because:
- We want to ensure all parents have the opportunity to see their child perform (we may not have enough seats in just one show and we require parent help backstage, which is a role that can then be shared);
- The children love being on stage and they work so hard in the lead up that it makes perfect sense to double the enjoyment;
- All dancers learn choreography as a group, which means each student has a special place within their dance and they rely on one another during the performance.
Dance Fundamentals students are only required to perform in one concert, as follows:
- Monday Dance Fundamentals class – 2.30pm concert only
- Saturday Dance Fundamentals class – 6.00pm concert only
WHERE IS THE CONCERT HELD?
At the beautiful Moonee Ponds Clocktower Centre. We are very lucky to have an annual booking at this theatre – it is very special.
DO I HAVE TO SEW?
No! Gone are those days. Costumes are ordered and purchased on your behalf. A $20 deposit is taken with Term 4 fees with the balance to be collected during the term once costume prices are finalised. We work incredibly hard to source good quality, affordable costumes, which students get to keep after the concert. As a guide, last year, all children’s school costumes were kept under $65 total.
WHAT ARE THE TICKET PRICES AND HOW DO I ORDER?
Ticket sales are managed directly by the Clocktower Centre Box Office and go on sale on Friday 28 October. There are no limits per family and it will be first-in, first-served. Please put the release date in your diary now to avoid disappointment – we’ll also send out reminders and links for online bookings closer to the date. Ticket prices are $31 for adults, $24 for concession card holders and $15 for children.
I HAVE A QUESTION YOU HAVEN’T ANSWERED…
Please contact us by email if anything is unclear. This will be our first time holding a separate Preschool concert, so like anything new, we expect there to be some teething issues. Your feedback is welcome and your cooperation and patience is sincerely appreciated.
Happy concert season everyone – enjoy the magic!!