**Please note that our Terms and Conditions are currently under review for 2020 and will be available in January**
- We do not offer casual attendance. Enrolments are membership-based and roll over until the end of the calendar year, unless you notify us otherwise.
- Changes or cancellations to enrolments will only be accepted in writing with a minimum of two weeks’ notice.
- Unlimited packages remain subject to individual class availability.
- Make up lessons can be booked for any missed classes but these are subject to appropriate class selection and availability and must be taken within four weeks of the missed lesson.
- Make up classes must be booked prior in writing and a maximum of one week in advance. Once booked, any missed make up lessons are forfeited unless 24 hours’ written notice is provided.
- To ensure all dancers are appropriately challenged, class selection for students remains at the teacher’s discretion. All decisions are final.
- For safety reasons, Intermediate Extension and Advanced classes are by invitation only and pre-requisites apply for all other levels except Beginner.
- Any dancer looking to join Pointe classes must be at an Advanced Level as determined by Dance Habit staff and pass a Pointe Assessment by a qualified health professional. Private lessons for an individual conditioning program are required and dancers must be enrolled in a minimum of two technical classes in addition to Pointe. Dance Habit reserves the right to remove any dancer from Pointe at any time due to safety concerns.
- By default, fees are charged fortnightly via direct debit through IntegraPay. Alternatively, upfront payment on a quarterly basis is available. Quarterly fees can be paid by eftpos, credit card, bank transfer or direct debit. We do not accept cash payments. Late fees of $5 per week apply for any quarterly fees that remain outstanding after their due date.
- Any direct debit not activated within seven days of receiving the application will incur late fees of $5 per week and risk enrolment cancellation.
- An annual insurance and administration fee of $25 applies per student. This is payable at the time of enrolment and resets each calendar year.
- Fees are strictly non-refundable and discounted fees are not provided for extended holidays or missed classes.
- Students may to choose to hold their spot in classes for extended holidays (longer than four weeks) at a rate of 50% fees.
- Dance Habit reserves the right to refuse entry to students with outstanding fees. Personal details may be provided to a debt collector to recoup any monies outstanding.
- Students may request a credit for any injury or illness resulting in four or more consecutive weeks of missed classes. Requests must be in writing with a medical certificate provided.
- Students participate at their own risk. Dance Habit accepts no liability for any injury that may be incurred while participating in dance classes or attending Dance Habit premises.
- Latecomers must take responsibility to warm up appropriately before entering class.
- Dance Habit reserves the right to arrange medical transportation, at the student’s expense, in the event of an emergency.
- Off-street parking is available; however, parking may be limited during peak hours.
Class and studio etiquette
- All students and extended family members must adhere to the Dance Habit Code of Conduct available on our website and on the wall at the studio.
- Students must demonstrate respect for teachers, staff and peers at all times.
- Students are strictly not permitted in staff only areas.
- Students must arrive on time for classes to ensure safe dance practice and minimise disruption to the teacher and peers. Dance Habit reserves the right to refuse entry or participation to latecomers.
- While every effort will be made to ensure a regular timetable and consistent teachers, occasionally classes may need to be cancelled, rescheduled or taught by a substitute. Cancelled classes will not be charged.
- Classes at Dance Habit are closed (only the teacher and students may be in the studio during classes).
- Only water is allowed inside the studios. Food and other drink is only permitted in the foyer area. Chewing gum is strictly prohibited in all areas.
- Dance Habit accepts no responsibility for the loss of, or damage to, personal property of any kind. Please utilise the locker shelving provided and bring any valuables with you into the studio.
Video and photography
- Dance Habit reserves the right to photograph or video students participating in dance classes or performances at any time for promotional purposes. Permission must be sought for any other photography/video.
- Footage is occasionally taken during classes and shared with students on private social media or file sharing sites (to assist with practice at home). All footage remains the property of Dance Habit and must not be shared externally without prior consent. Please speak to your teacher or the office if you have any concerns about privacy.
- All choreography and class work taught to students (including for performance events or competitions) remains the property of Dance Habit and is not to be used or performed externally without prior consent.
Any breach of the above Terms and Conditions may result in immediate cancellation of enrolment without discussion.