Enrolment & Fees
- All enrolments are accepted on a membership agreement (i.e. enrolment secures a place in your chosen class / classes indefinitely, until you tell us otherwise).
- Changes or cancellations to membership packages can be made at any time with a minimum of two week’s written notice.
- A cancellation fee of $50 + GST applies to cancellations made within the first four weeks following enrolment.
- To ensure all dancers are appropriately challenged, class selection for students remains at the teacher’s discretion. All decisions are final.
- An annual administration and insurance fee of $20 per student is applicable. This charge is applied at the time of your first debit. Dance Habit reserves the right to refuse entry to students with outstanding fees.
- Fees are non-refundable and discounted fees are not provided for missed classes.
- Enrolments may be suspended for a minimum of four weeks. Places in classes are not held for those on a suspended membership.
- Students may request a credit for any injury or illness resulting in four consecutive weeks of missed classes. Requests must be in writing with a medical certificate provided.
- Students participate at their own risk. Dance Habit accepts no liability for any injury that may be incurred while participating in dance classes or attending Dance Habit premises.
- Latecomers must take responsibility to warm up appropriately before entering class.
- Dance Habit reserves the right to arrange medical transportation, at the student’s expense, in the event of an emergency.
- Off-street parking is available, however, as it is a communal carpark (shared with neighbours), parking may be limited during peak hours.
Class and studio etiquette
- All students and extended family members must adhere to the Dance Habit Code of Conduct available on our website and on the wall at the studio.
- While every effort will be made to ensure a regular timetable and consistent teachers, occasionally classes may need to be cancelled, rescheduled or taught by a substitute. Cancelled classes will not be charged.
- Classes at Dance Habit are closed (only the teacher and students may be in the studio during classes).
- Only water is allowed inside the studios. Food and other drink is only permitted in the lounge and foyer areas. Chewing gum is strictly prohibited in all areas.
- Dance Habit accepts no responsibility for the loss of, or damage to, personal property of any kind. Please utilise the locker shelving provided and bring any valuables with you into the studio.
Video and photography
- Dance Habit reserves the right to photograph or video students participating in dance classes or performances at any time for promotional purposes. Permission must be sought for any other photography/video.
- Footage is occasionally taken during classes and shared with students on private social media or file sharing sites (to assist with practice at home). All footage remains the property of Dance Habit and must not be shared externally without prior consent. Please speak to your teacher or the office if you have any concerns about privacy.