Our annual end-of-year concert is a great way to showcase the talent we have at Dance Habit. It also rewards students for their hard work by giving them the opportunity to dance on stage for their loved ones. The concert is not compulsory, but we strongly encourage participation as it is a truly wonderful experience for all involved. Together, we create memories that will be treasured for a lifetime. The excitement and magic generated by our end-of-year concert is second to none!
We have carefully prepared the following for you. Please read thoroughly and let us know if you have any questions.
2017 CONCERT THEME
We are so excited to announce our themes this year:
- The Nutcracker (Ballet)
- Broadway (Jazz, Tap, Hip Hop, Contemporary, Musical Theatre)
IS THIS YOUR FIRST CONCERT WITH US?
For first-time dance parents, we promise the preparation is worth it. We’ll be there every step of the way, so you know exactly what’s required (and when). Take a look at the DVD playing in the lounge (our 2016 concert) to get some insight into the event and don’t hesitate to ask if you have questions at any time!
WHEN IS THE CONCERT?
- Sunday 17 December, 2.30pm; and
- Sunday 17 December, 6.00pm
To be eligible to participate in the concert, all students (except Dance Fundamentals, Prep Ballet and Prep Hip Hop) must perform in both concerts. We do two concerts for our Middle School because:
- We want to ensure all parents have the opportunity to see their child perform (we may not have enough seats in just one show and we require parent help backstage, which is a role that can then be shared);
- The children love being on stage and they work so hard in the lead up that it makes perfect sense to double the enjoyment;
- All dancers learn choreography as a group, which means each student has a special place within their dance and they rely on one another during the performance.
The following Prep students are only required to perform in one concert, as follows:
- Prep Hip Hop (Friday class) – 2.30pm concert only
- Wednesday Dance Fundamentals class – 2.30pm concert only
- Prep Ballet (Thursday class) – 6.00pm concert only
- Saturday Dance Fundamentals class – 6.00pm concert only
Note, Prep students who are enrolled in a Tuesday Jazz or Tap class will dance in both concerts. Please take this into consideration before agreeing to concert participation and don’t hesitate to contact us if you would like to consider a different class in Term 4.
COSTUMES AND HAIR
Click below for details on your child’s costume requirements, including additional items to be purchased by parents and also how each class will wear their hair.
- How to do a Ballet Bun Tutorial
- How to do a Low Bun with Centre Part Tutorial
- How to do a High Pony Tail and Plait Tutorial
WHERE IS THE CONCERT HELD?
At the beautiful Moonee Ponds Clocktower Centre. We are very lucky to have an annual booking at this theatre – it is very special.
WHAT ARE THE TICKET PRICES AND HOW DO I ORDER?
Tickets are now on sale!
Ticket sales are managed directly by the Clocktower Centre Box Office. You can book online or phone (03) 9243 9191. There are no limits per family and it will be first-in, first-served. This means that we will take no responsibility should tickets sell out. We will send reminders so please be sure to read newsletters and the noticeboard to avoid disappointment. Ticket prices reflect the cost to hire a professional theatre venue. These are $32 for adults, $24 for concession card holders and $15 for children.
Students who had professional photos taken at Photo Day on 9 December will be able to purchase printed images at the concert. Please read this important note from the photographer about the process of purchasing.
Note, stage shots will be available after the event also.
CONCERT RUNNING ORDER
A copy of the order in which classes will be performing is now available. Students in multiple items, please check the running order and note any quick changes. If you have any concerns about the running order, let us know. The document is currently subject to change, so be sure to check back (we’ll call it FINAL once everyone has had time to review).
Students who are only dancing in one half of the concert may buy a ticket/seat to watch the half that they are not dancing in. See above for information on performer tickets.
I HAVE A QUESTION YOU HAVEN’T ANSWERED…
Please contact us by email if anything is unclear. Your feedback is welcome and your cooperation and patience is sincerely appreciated.
Happy concert season everyone – enjoy the magic!!