Enrolment & Fees
- Enrolment secures your place in your chosen class / classes for the full duration of the calendar year (i.e. enrolments roll over between terms).
- Children may opt out between terms if a minimum of one week’s written notice is provided prior to a term commencing. Failure to do so will result in a $50 late cancellation fee.
- Cancellations after a term has commenced still incur full term fees, including those opting to pay via weekly or fortnightly direct debit.
- Fees are charged on a per term (quarterly) basis as per the Victorian School Calendar. Children’s fees must be paid in full prior to (or at) the student’s first class of term unless direct debit arrangements have been made. A late fee of $5 per week applies for fees that remain outstanding after the due date.
- Term invoices are issued by email, so please be sure to supply your correct email address and contact the office if you do not receive an invoice by email shortly after your enrolment has been confirmed.
- An annual administration and insurance fee of $20 per student plus $10 for each additional sibling is applicable. This fee is payable with Term 1 fees or at the time of enrolment and resets each calendar year.
- Dance Habit reserves the right to refuse entry to students with outstanding fees.
- Fees are strictly non-refundable and discounted fees are not provided for public holidays, extended holidays or missed classes. Make up lessons can be booked within the same term, subject to appropriate class selection and availability. Students enrolling in Monday classes are asked to give this careful consideration due to the high number of public holidays that fall on a Monday.
- Students may request a credit for any injury or illness resulting in four consecutive weeks of missed classes. Requests must be in writing with a medical certificate provided.
- To ensure all dancers are appropriately challenged, students are placed in classes based on ability with consideration also given to age and social development. Children may only join our Middle School in the year they commence school (Prep). All decisions are final.
- Students participate at their own risk. Dance Habit accepts no liability for any injury that may be incurred while participating in dance classes or attending Dance Habit premises.
- Dance Habit reserves the right to arrange medical transportation, at the student’s expense, in the event of an emergency.
- Children are not to exit the studio unless accompanied by an adult. Parents must ensure children understand this important regulation.
- While not participating in dance classes, children remain the responsibility of parents/caregivers at all times.
- Off-street parking is available, however, as it is a communal carpark (shared with neighbours), parking may be limited during peak hours. Parents of school-age children are welcome to drop off and pick up, but must ensure students are collected within ten minutes of their class ending.
Class and studio etiquette
- All students, parents, guardians and extended family members must adhere to the Dance Habit Code of Conduct available on our website and on the wall at the studio.
- Please respect our shared space by placing rubbish in bins and leaving the kitchen, bathroom and waiting areas tidy for the next class. Please ensure siblings put toys and colouring in activities away before leaving the studio.
- While every effort will be made to ensure a regular timetable and consistent teachers, occasionally classes may need to be cancelled, rescheduled or taught by a substitute.
- With the exception of Move with Me, classes at Dance Habit are closed (only the teacher and students may be in the studio during classes). Parents/guardians are welcome to view classes from the viewing windows.
- Only water is allowed inside the studios. Food and other drink is only permitted in the lounge and foyer areas. Chewing gum is strictly prohibited in all areas.
- Dance Habit accepts no responsibility for the loss of, or damage to, personal property of any kind. Please utilise the locker shelving provided and bring any valuables with you into the studio.
Video and photography
- Dance Habit reserves the right to photograph or video students participating in dance classes or performances at any time for promotional purposes. Permission must be sought for any other photography/video.
- Any footage supplied to students (e.g. to assist with practice at home) remains the property of Dance Habit and is not to be shared with external parties without prior consent.
- All choreography and class work taught to students (including for performance events or competitions) remains the property of Dance Habit and is not to be used or performed externally without prior consent.