Dance classes are a fantastic way for children of all ages to develop confidence, self-awareness and coordination while making friends and learning new skills in a fun and nurturing environment. At Dance Habit, we understand the developmental needs vary for each student, and we run our classes accordingly.
Students are encouraged to wear anything that helps them to love the way they move. No need for expensive uniforms or shoes. While ballet or jazz shoes are welcome, dancing bare foot is also fine!
“Taking our 3 year old daughter to Dance Habit was a great decision. Alexandra was a little on the shy side at child care. Now, however, the teachers have said she has really come out of her shell, even leading her classmates in dance! I cant recommend Dance Habit highly enough for the dance skills, social skills and confidence our daughter now displays.” Mark Egan
Follow the links below for more information on our Preschool classes.
- Book a Trial Class
- Preschool Dance Styles
- Preschool Timetable 2021
- Parent Portal
- Rhythm Works Program
- Preschool Fees 2021
- Preschool Financial Guide 2021
- Policies & Procedures
- Enquire now!
- If you are unwell, you must NOT attend the studio. This applies to all staff, students, parents, siblings and visitors. Note that students have the option to log in to class from home via Zoom at any time.
- As per the Directions issued by Victoria’s Chief Health Officer, any person aged 16 and over must be fully vaccinated to enter the building. Acceptable proof of your COVID-19 vaccination status must be sighted by our COVID Marshall on arrival, or you will be refused entry.
- If you are aged 16 and over, you must sign in every time you enter the building. A QR Code is provided on the door (preferable) or a hard copy register at reception.
- Please arrive no earlier than five minutes prior to your scheduled class.
- Our waiting room is closed to all parents except for one parent for each Move with Me and Preschool student, plus one parent for any student attending a trial class. We encourage you to leave siblings at home with another caregiver where possible.
- Students in Grade 3 and above, plus any person aged 12 and over, must wear a face mask unless a medical exception applies. Should this be the case, please kindly let our COVID Marshall know upon arrival. Students in Grade 3-6 may remove face masks for classes. Students aged 12 and over may remove face masks during strenuous exercise or when out of breath.
- Teachers are not required to wear masks when providing instruction to children as it can interfere with their ability to clearly communicate with students. They are, however, required to wear masks before and after classes and when moving around the building as well as for all adult classes (unless out of breath).
- Please ensure physical distancing (1.5 metres) from others. All students and staff should avoid interactions in close spaces and avoid congregating in large groups. Follow instructions from staff when moving around the building.
- Practice good hygiene by washing your hands with sanitiser or soap and water upon arrival, after class and after using the bathroom.
- We reserve the right to revert any or all classes to online delivery at any time in the event of staff illness, changing requirements by authorities, a case/suspected case of COVID-19 or for any other reason determined necessary by us. Note that our online timetable differs to our in-person timetable during lockdowns/closures. No refunds, discounts or make up lessons are permitted in the event of classes reverting to Zoom, however, should a class be cancelled, students will be eligible for their choice of a make-up lesson or credit, upon request by email.
We appreciate your patience as we all work hard to follow the rules, keep our people safe and manage the expectations of many different people. Thank you in advance!