Dance classes are a fantastic way to keep fit and socialise with others while learning new skills in an exciting and supportive environment. It has been proven that dancing just once a week can lift your spirits and improve your confidence, health and well-being! We believe that all adults should discover the joy that dance brings, which is why we offer a huge variety of styles and cater for absolute beginners through to advanced.
Our adult classes are strictly 18+ with no maximum age. You’re never too old to get started! Dance Habit is a non-judgemental environment, so you will be made to feel right at home from day one.
“It’s nice to know I can turn up to dance after a big day/week and feel incredibly supported and encouraged. It’s lovely to be able to go somewhere you can be part of a diverse group of people and feel accepted and supported. And where fitness is fun, challenging and exciting.” Talia Barrett
Follow the links below for more information on our Adult classes.
- Book a Trial Class
- Adult Dance Styles
- Adult School Timetable 2021
- Adult School Fees 2021
- Student Portal
- After hours studio access – key fob agreement
- Financial Guide
- Policies & Procedures
- If you are unwell, you must NOT attend the studio. This applies to all staff, students, parents, siblings and visitors. Note that students have the option to log in to class from home via Zoom at any time.
- As per the Directions issued by Victoria’s Chief Health Officer, any person aged 16 and over must be fully vaccinated to enter the building. Acceptable proof of your COVID-19 vaccination status must be sighted by our COVID Marshall on arrival, or you will be refused entry.
- If you are aged 16 and over, you must sign in every time you enter the building. A QR Code is provided on the door (preferable) or a hard copy register at reception.
- Please arrive no earlier than five minutes prior to your scheduled class.
- Our waiting room is closed to all parents except for one parent for each Move with Me and Preschool student, plus one parent for any student attending a trial class. We encourage you to leave siblings at home with another caregiver where possible.
- Students in Grade 3 and above, plus any person aged 12 and over, must wear a face mask unless a medical exception applies. Should this be the case, please kindly let our COVID Marshall know upon arrival. Students in Grade 3-6 may remove face masks for classes. Students aged 12 and over may remove face masks during strenuous exercise or when out of breath.
- Teachers are not required to wear masks when providing instruction to children as it can interfere with their ability to clearly communicate with students. They are, however, required to wear masks before and after classes and when moving around the building as well as for all adult classes (unless out of breath).
- Please ensure physical distancing (1.5 metres) from others. All students and staff should avoid interactions in close spaces and avoid congregating in large groups. Follow instructions from staff when moving around the building.
- Practice good hygiene by washing your hands with sanitiser or soap and water upon arrival, after class and after using the bathroom.
- We reserve the right to revert any or all classes to online delivery at any time in the event of staff illness, changing requirements by authorities, a case/suspected case of COVID-19 or for any other reason determined necessary by us. Note that our online timetable differs to our in-person timetable during lockdowns/closures. No refunds, discounts or make up lessons are permitted in the event of classes reverting to Zoom, however, should a class be cancelled, students will be eligible for their choice of a make-up lesson or credit, upon request by email.
We appreciate your patience as we all work hard to follow the rules, keep our people safe and manage the expectations of many different people. Thank you in advance!