YEARLY ACTIVITIES & FINANCIAL GUIDE 2022
Below is an outline of activities and costs that may be in addition to fees, so you know exactly what exciting things we get up to and what to expect financially. Our goal is to make dance accessible and affordable, so costs are kept to a minimum wherever possible.
Note that we often host extra events to the below. Enrolled students are given plenty of notice and the option to opt in or out of any events or additional activities.
- Classes will run from 31 January to 18 December 2022 with no breaks. The final week (12-18 December) runs as an alternative Recovery Week timetable as we wind down for the year.
- On enrolment, you will need to purchase shoes, appropriate dance wear and a mat (if required) for your classes.
- An annual administration and insurance fee of $30 per student applies.
- We are not open on Public Holidays (fees are suspended for these classes).
- Midyear Performance
- On Saturday 18 June 2022, all students are invited to dance at our Midyear Performance.
- Usually held at the RecWest on Essex Street, West Footscray.
- Entry is a gold coin donation and friends and family are welcome!
- Not compulsory, but lots of fun!
- Dance Camp
- In 2022, our Dance Camp for adults will run from 1-3 July.
- All welcome for a weekend of movement, great food, excellent company and lots of fun.
- End-of-Year Annual Concert
- Not compulsory but we encourage participation. It is a truly wonderful experience for all involved!
- Scheduled for Sunday 20 November at the Moonee Ponds Clocktower Centre, students are required to dance in both an afternoon and evening concert. All performers may be required to attend additional rehearsals in the lead up to the show, including a compulsory venue rehearsal on Tuesday 15 November.
- Costumes are sourced by each class. Students purchase and keep costumes after the event.
- Ticket prices for audience members in 2019 were $15 for children, $30 for concession card holders and $35 for adults. As we haven’t had a concert for two years due to COVID lockdowns, these prices will be reviewed for 2022.