We are excited to be an Affiliate Partner Studio of DanceStep (Student Teacher Education Program).
Dance Habit students aged 10 and over are invited to enrol in this fabulous new program.
Hear from DanceStep Founder, Jane Grech here.
BENEFITS FOR OUR STUDENTS
- Students learn what goes on behind the scenes running a dance studio.
- They are supported by our Director, Megan and the Dance Habit team to gain skills that are transferable to other areas of life. For example, Megan works closely with students on theory – how to read and understand their workbooks, how to identify key information and summarise learning (which sets them up for effective study at school). Plus, they learn job interview skills – all students must apply for the last DanceStep Level (4).
- It is a huge opportunity for kids who may not otherwise get a chance at school or in other activities and it is open to EVERYONE. The best teachers are not necessarily those who have natural dance ability.
- Students receive a badge and tee shirt so the rest of the school community can identify them as assistant teachers and over time will become highly valued by students and parents!
- The program provides a sense of belonging and ownership, increases self-esteem and builds maturity, leadership, initiative and confidence.
- Morale increases across the school and students have the opportunity to interact with other classes and age groups.
- Teaching makes you a better learner so the program helps students to excel in their own classes.
- Students love being selected to assist with younger classes at the concert and other school and community events.
INGREDIENTS FOR SUCCESS
- Theory application – four times a year.
- Practical application – each student will be allocated a class to assist. Students can graduate to the next level after 10-20 hours. Our team initials student workbooks for every class/hour they assist with. Each level generally takes one year.
- Once enrolments are confirmed, students will be asked to provide their preferences for classes to assist with and we will allocate accordingly.
- All students start at Level 1, but older students can fast-track their learning.
- The DanceStep Program is an Assistant Teacher Program so they will not come out of it with a teaching qualification, however, students can use DanceStep as recognition of prior learning (RPL) if they wish to go on to undertake a Certificate 3 in Dance, Certificate 4 in Dance Teaching and Management or a Diploma or Degree in Dance.
- Students who commit to the program may have future job opportunities with us!
If you are an existing student aged 10 or over and would like to enquire about joining the DanceStep Program, please contact us.